To create a profile, you must be your organization's Authorized Representative for the National Do Not Call Registry. The responsibilities of an Authorized Representative are:
- Certify that your organization will comply with the requirements of the National Registry.
- Manage your organization's Representative and Downloader passwords.
- Subscribe to area codes for your organization and submit payment if you have subscribed to more than five area codes.
- Serve as the point of contact when your organization submits requests for assistance to the Help Desk.
- Serve as the point of contact for law enforcement purposes.
An organization must have a profile and a subscription to area codes in order to access telephone numbers on the National Registry. Once you have subscribed to area codes you will be assigned a Subscription Account Number (SAN). The steps required prior to accessing telephone numbers are:
- Create a profile: Provide information about your organization, your organization's function, and about the organization's Authorized Representative. (For information on the responsibilities of the Authorized Representative see above). If you are adding a client that does not have a current Subscription Account Number (SAN), you must provide information about that client.
- Review the information you have entered to make sure it is correct.
- Certify that your organization will comply with the requirements of the National Do Not Call Registry.
NOTE: If your organization has had a profile on the registry in the past you should use that profile to access the registry rather than creating a new one. You can contact the Help Desk at email@example.com for the Organization ID of your old account and for information on how to reset the passwords for that account. Please provide your complete Organization Name and Address to the Help Desk so that they can identify your old account.
Receive account information (Organization ID, passwords) on the Create A Profile – Complete page (these will not be sent to you by email).
If you are a Telemarketer/Service Provider (TM/SP), provide information about your clients. If your client does not have a current Subscription Account Number (SAN), you must create a profile for that client and then subscribe to area codes for them. If your client has a current Subscription Account Number (SAN), you must enter it on the Manage Clients>Add a Client’s SAN page in order for that client to appear on your Client’s List.
Subscribe to the area codes you want.
- Receive Confirmation Email and click on the link in the email to confirm that your email address is correct.
- Log in with your Organization ID and the Representative password (that was issued to you on the Create A Profile – Complete page). Until you log in through the Confirmation Email, your account will not be active, and you will not be able to log into the registry.
Wait for your subscription to be activated (if this is the first time you have subscribed to area codes and you have subscribed to five or fewer area codes it may take up to one business day to process your subscription).
- If a fee is owed, pay for your subscription (The first five area codes in a subscription are free).
You may now download phone numbers from your area code subscription lists or use the Interactive Phone Number Search module to look up phone numbers.
- You can track the progress of your subscription by going to Manage/Renew Subscriptions then Check Status. The Payment Status for your order will say "InProcess" until it has finished processing.
- If your subscription is activated, you will be assigned a Subscription Account Number (SAN). Your Subscription Account Number (SAN) will be available to you at two places on the registry by going to Manage/Renew Subscriptions then either Check Status or View Area Codes. YOUR SUBSCRIPTION ACCOUNT NUMBER (SAN) WILL NOT BE SENT TO YOU BY EMAIL.
Enter information about your own organization if this is your profile. If this is a client's profile, enter information about the client.
The organization's Employer Identification Number (EIN) is required. If your organization does not have an EIN, enter the Social Security Number (SSN) of the owner/proprietor.For organizations located outside the US, please see the information here.
Enter information about your own organization if this is your profile. If this is a client's profile, enter information about the client. EXCEPT: Enter your Downloader email address, not your client's email address.
A Confirmation Email will be sent to the Representative Email Address after you verify that your profile is correct. You must open the email, click on the link, and log in with your Organization ID and Representative password to confirm that the email address is correct and also to activate your account. (Your Organization ID and passwords will be issued on the page after you verify that your profile is correct.)
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)